- The Taylor-Burton is a diamond made
- The original rough diamond weighed 241 carats (48 g).
- It was cut by Harry Winston to 69.42 carats (13.88 g) in the shape of a pear.
- Richard Burton purchased the diamond for his wife, Elizabeth Taylor, who wore it publicly for the first time at Princess Grace of Monaco‘s 40th birthday celebration.
- After their divorce, Taylor auctioned the diamond in 1978 for $5,000,000, which was used to build a hospital in Botswana.
Information was referenced from Wikipedia – Taylor Burton Diamond